Algorithms Engineer at Bump Technologies in Mountain View, CA
In the time that it takes to read this sentence, hundreds of people around the world have bumped their phones using Bump. We've built a software solution that algorithmically matches these bumps to determine pairs of users that intend to connect. Come lead the creation of the next generation of the Bump matching algorithm.
- Create core probabilistic algorithms for matching "bumps" in the bump network
- Develop algorithms to efficiently perform operations on the Bump social graph
- Deploy code to production.
- Be really really smart, but know your limits. Know what you don't know.
- Able to compose crisp problem statements
- Mastery of probability and mathematics. If you are self taught that's OK, but if you took an intro prob/stats final exam, you should get an A.
- Write code that will pass code review by CS majors. Good skills in at least one compiled language.
Exceptional candidates will have
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Physics, or Math, or equivalent
- A communications style that is collaborative, daily, and crisp
- Startup experience
Please write a short paragraph telling us about you and why Bump is interesting to you, and send links to any relevant projects. We encourage you to make your application stand out however you choose.